In today’s generation communication is very important in any field you go and to understand the importance of Group Discussion and make your presence felt a Training Session was conducted on 6th floor auditorium on the 26th of August 2015.
The seminar started at 10 am with the welcome note given by Prof. Dilip Shah and who also welcomed the speaker for the day Ms. Mona Sengupta.
She explained the importance of Group discussion for a Candidate
- It helps you to understand a subject more deeply
- It improves your ability to think critically
- It helps in solving a particular problem
- It helps the group to make a particular decision
- It gives you the chance to hear other students’ ideas
- It improves your listening skills
- It increases your confidence in speaking
- It can change your attitudes
Reasons For Having a GD – As an Interviewer!
- It helps in understanding a candidates interpersonal skills
- It helps in identifying if a candidate has the ability to work in a team
- It helps in understanding ones attitude
- Finally helps in selecting a perspective candidate in a perspective methodology
She also explained the various Strategies and Tips to be successful in a GD. Then the students were asked to form three groups of nine each. Each group was asked to discuss on one topic that would be given and the best speaker will be chosen amongst them. The first group had to discuss on the topic “CAN WOMEN BE BETTER MANAGERS THAN MEN?” in which Swati Tiwari emerged the best speaker. The second group discussion was on the topic “HARD WORK OR SMART WORK” in which Anirudh emerged to be the best speaker and the last group discussing topic was “WISDOM DOES NOT COME WITH AGE”, in which Karan Shah emerged the best speaker.
[su_carousel source=”media: 5880,5881,5882,5883,5884,5885,5886,5887″ limit=”100″ link=”lightbox” height=”120″ items=”4″ title=”no”]
The seminar came to an end with speaker being facilitated by prof. Dilip Shah.
It was an interactive session and a very good platform for all the students who want to become entrepreneurs and also to crack interviews, as they get to know what the real world demands of and what is needed to fulfill the demands of real world.
So start Practicing & Participating is discussions.