Welcome to The Bhawanipur Education Society College Admissions Page. Applying to The Bhawanipur Education Society College is the first step in taking your education into your own hands!
Admissions will commence on the day class XII results are published.
Please fill up the enquiry form to receive admissions related information and updates.
Admissions Enquiry Form
For the following courses:
- B.Com (Hons)
- B.A (Hons) English
- B.A (Hons) Journalism & Mass Com.
- B.A (Hons) Sociology
- B.A (Hons) Political Science
- B.A (Hons) History
- B.A (Hons) Bengali
- B.Sc (Hons) Physics
- B.Sc (Hons) Chemistry
- B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics
- B.Sc (Hons) Economics
- B.Sc (Hons) Computer Science
- B.Sc (Hons) Electronics
- M.Com Accountancy & Finance
- M.A English
The College has an online application process. There won’t be any physical distribution of forms.
- Application fees to be deposited in Federal Bank only or via online payment mode.
- After payment of application fee, please keep checking the website for the merit list. Don’t make inquiries with the College for merit list, it will be put up on the College website.
- On being merit listed you shall receive a SMS and email on your registered mobile/ email ID. Please follow the instruction given in the email.
- There is no need to submit your application form, bank money receipt etc to the college office. Please retain them with you for your records.
- Students with Compartmental or Fail result in Class XII Board are not eligible to apply for any courses in the College
1. Andhra Pradesh Board of Intermediate Education
2. Bhutan Council for School Examinations and Assessment
3. Bihar School Examination Board
4. Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Barisal Bangladesh
5. Board of School Education, Haryana
6. Board of School Education, Manipur
7. Board of Secondary Education, Assam
8. Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
9. Board of Secondary Education, Odisha
10. Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
11. Cambridge University
12. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
13. Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education
14. Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISC)
15. Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
16. Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
17. Higher Secondary Education board, Nepal
18. Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education
19. International Baccalaureate
20. Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education
21. Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi
22. Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board
23. Kerala Board of Public Examination
24. M.P. State Open School
25. Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
26. Meghalaya Board of School Education
27. Mizoram Board of School Education
28. Nagaland Board of School Education
29. National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
30. Punjab School Education Board
31. Rabindra Mukta Vidyalaya, West Bengal
32. Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education
33. Tripura Board of Secondary Education
34. Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education
35. Uttaranchal Shiksha Evm Pariksha Parishad (NEE: Board of School Education Uttarakhand)
36. West Bengal Board of Madrasah Education
37. West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBHSE)
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL COURSES
1. A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent Examination is eligible to seek admission to the 1st year of the 3-year B.A/ B.Sc./ B.Com/ BBA (Honours), Course of Studies provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not being less than 100 and fulfills the conditions given below.
2. No candidate shall be allowed admission after a lapse of more than 5 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination or discontinuation of recognized regular Course of Studies after passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission shall not be taken into account while calculating five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination, i.e., a candidate should have passed not before March, 2013.
3. Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination or its equivalent from CBSE, CISCE (ISC), WBCHSE (WB Board) and National Institute of Open Schooling need not submit the Migration Certificate for getting Registration under Calcutta University.
4. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe Community taking up Honours Course of Study must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination, as the case may be. (Holders of valid certificate from State of West Bengal only).
5. Aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top-four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. However, marks in compulsory Environmental Education/ Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. If the subject “Environmental Science” is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
6. In case of non-receipt of minimum valid applications in a particular subject/ discipline the college reserves the right to commence / hold classes in that particular subject/ discipline.
A candidate taking up Honours Course in a subject must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
Or, 55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
RELATED SUBJECTS (ANY ONE)
Accountancy, Business Economics including Business Mathematics, Business Organization, Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Studies, Office and Secretarial Practice, Financial Accounting, Elements of Cost Accountancy & Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accountancy & Principle of Management, Commercial Law & preliminaries of Auditing, Costing & Taxation.
A candidate taking up Honours Course in a subject must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the Honours or related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
Or, 55% marks in the Honours or related subject at the previous qualifying examination.
Or, 50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.
For B.A. English, apart from above criteria, Admission test will be taken for Candidates scoring less than 80% in English & less than 70% in aggregate.
For B.A. Sociology (H), students with Commerce stream are not eligible.
A candidate taking up Honours Course in a subject must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the Honours subject at the previous qualifying examination.
Or, 55% marks in the Honours subject at the previous qualifying examination
➢ Candidate passed in Business Mathematics is not eligible for Admission.
➢ Apart from above criteria, candidate must clear the following additional criteria for B.Sc. Honours
HONOURS SUBJECT REQUIREMENT
Physics : Must have PASS marks in Mathematics and Chemistry.
Chemistry : Must have PASS marks in Mathematics and Physics.
Economics : Must have PASS marks in Mathematics.
Mathematics : Must have PASS marks in Mathematics and Physics.
Computer Science : Must have 45% marks in Mathematics and Physics / Computer Science
Electronics : Must have 45% in Mathematics and 45 % in Electronics or Physics.
A candidate must have obtained 55% marks in aggregate with Mathematics or Accountancy or Economics or Business Economics with Mathematics in Class XII.
Note: Apart from above criteria, candidate must successfully clear MCQ Test, Knowledge Interview, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Minimum 2nd Division pass in B.Com. (Honours)
B.A. English Honours Graduate Only (Current and Immediately Previous Year).
Students of other colleges under the University Of Calcutta may apply for Lateral Admission. Interested students may fill up the query form below and we shall get back to you.
System Control Room, 4th Floor
10am – 1pm & 2pm – 4pm (Mon to Fri)
p:+91 983111 0762 / 6870
Beware of touts claiming to have links in the college for direct admission bypassing the process mention herein. Students are requested not to become victim of such traps as the college does not allow indulgence in such illegal method of admission.