The UGC has given guidelines for establishment and monitoring of IQACs’ in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary goal of IQAC is to develop a quality system for conscious, consistent & catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- Development & application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the college.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars and quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes and activities of the college, leading to quality enhancement.
- Acting as a nodal agency for co-coordinating quality related activities, including adaption and dissemination of good practices.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and institutionalize good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve functioning of the college.
- Act as a catalyst for quality changes in the college.
Perspective Plan for the college 2020-2025
The perspective plan is based on the in depth analysis of the demands of the modern education system and the resources available to the college. The perspective plan is based on the quality indicators designed by NAAC. The inputs from all the stakeholders, students, teachers, parents, alumni and employers are taken into account while designing the plan. The vision, mission and the core values of the college are the cornerstones of the perspective plan.
I CURRICULAR ASPECTS
• To indoctrinate learner centric and an outcome-based learning process;
• Introduce more certificate courses for better career opportunities and professional development;
• Continuation of Certificate courses on Tally;
• Continuation of Value-Added Courses imparting transferable, generic and life skills;
• Career Oriented Courses approved by the UGC are to be applied for;
• Competitive Examinations Guidance Centre to be constituted;
• To conduct Academic audit and other quality related audits (ISO);
• New academic courses / programmes may be introduced;
• 100% ICT based curriculum delivery;
• Enriching the learning experience of the students through special lectures, seminars, workshops in related areas as well as syllabus- specific topics;
• Conduct of Green Audit every year
• Extensive use of Learning resources (INFLIBNET)
• More MOUs for Student Exchange Programmes
II TEACHING, LEARNING AND EVALUATION
• To ensure a transparent, well-defined and systematic admission process following the rules and regulations of the affiliating University;
• Infuse student centric methods of teaching by including experiential learning, participative learning and problem-solving techniques;
• Promote blended method of teaching by using video lectures and MOOCS in SWAYAM/NPTEL;
• Empowering the teaching learning process through effective mentoring system and personal counselling;
• Introduce reforms in the conduct of Continuous Internal Evaluation and Internal Assessment to meet the demands of modern-day teaching and learning;
• To ensure that the PO, CO and PSO of all programmes are stated, displayed on the website and communicated to the teachers and students;
• To assess the teaching learning process by collecting feedback from the students by administering a structured questionnaire, analysing the feedback and taking suitable actions;
III RESEARCH, INNOVATIONS AND EXTENSION
• Teachers will be motivated to prepare research projects proposals for submission to the funding agencies like UGC and DST;
• To conduct workshops for faculty on research methodology and related topics to assist them in quality and productive researches.
• Cater to the requirements of the research by providing instruments, laboratory, softwares and e-resources;
• Incentive plans for teachers receiving National and Global awards and recognition;
• To promote organisation of workshops/seminars on Research Methodology, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and entrepreneurship;
• To encourage teachers to publish research papers in the Journals notified on UGC website;
• To encourage teachers to publish books and chapters in edited volumes/books and to publish papers in national/ international conference proceedings;
• To sensitize students to social issues for their holistic development;
• To strengthen the conduct of outreach programmes through NSS and NCC;
• To participate in Unnat Bharat Abhiyan for village adoption;
• To improve the collaborative activities for research, Faculty exchange, Student exchange and internship;
• To promote functional MoUs with institutions of national, international importance, other universities, industries and corporate houses;
IV INFRASTRUCTURE AND LEARNING RESOURCES
• To provide adequate infrastructure and physical facilities for teaching- learning. viz., classrooms, laboratories, computing equipment etc.;
• To provide adequate facilities for cultural activities, sports, games (indoor, outdoor), gymnasium, yoga centre etc.;
• To ensure a suitable budget for infrastructure augmentation;
• Strengthen the library with greater automation and digitisation;
• To make available adequate e resources for library enrichment;
• Updating the IT facilities and WiFi regularly;
• Improve the student computer ratio;
• Suitable budget for the maintenance of infrastructure (physical and academic support facilities) excluding salary component;
• Ensure established systems and procedures for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities like laboratory, library, sports complex, computers, classrooms etc.
V STUDENT SUPPORT AND PROGRESSION
• Effective dissemination of knowledge of Government, non-government and institutional level scholarships and freeships to the students;
• Providing capacity building and skills enhancement programmes for students like soft skills, language and communication skills, life skills (Yoga, physical fitness, health and hygiene) and ICT/computing skills to make them employable;
• To ensure student progression through guidance for competitive examinations and career counselling;
• To ensure a transparent mechanism for timely redressal of student grievances including sexual harassment and ragging cases;
• Strengthen the functioning of the placement cell and sensitize students
about employment opportunities, organize career guidance programmes and the enhance placement activities;
• Transparent mechanism for timely redressal of student grievances including sexual harassment and ragging cases;
• Encourage students to appear and qualify in state/national/ international level examinations like JAM/CLAT/GATE/ GMAT/CAT/GRE/ TOEFL/ Civil Services/State government examinations;
• To create opportunities to excel in sports at National and International level;
• To encourage students to participate in inter and intra college cultural activities;
• The annual cultural festival Umang be made more vibrant to encourage student participation from colleges across the city and suburbs;
• Continue to appreciate and acknowledge the notable contribution of the alumni towards the welfare of the alma mater;
VII GOVERNANCE, LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
• Disseminate the vision, mission and core values of the college to the stakeholders;
• To ensure that the governance of the college is in tune with the vision and mission of the college;
• To continue the practice of decentralization and participative management in the various administrative processes within the college;
• Effective deployment of the Perspective Plan;
• Promote the effective implementation of e-governance in areas of operations like Administration, Finance and Accounts, Student Admission and Support, Examination;
• Continue to ensure staff welfare measures for the teaching and non-teaching faculty;
• Encourage organisation of professional development /administrative training programs;
• Motivate teachers to undergo online/face-to-face Faculty Professional Development Programmes, Orientation / Induction Programmes, Refresher Course, Short Term Courses etc.);
• Develop the Performance Appraisal System for teaching and non- teaching staff to meet the challenges and uncertainties of the human resource management;
• To continue with the effective internal audit and Statutory audit of the financial statements of the college;
• To explore funds / grants from non-government bodies, individuals, philanthropists;
• To make effective strategies for mobilization of funds and the optimal utilization of resources;
• To strengthen the Internal Quality Assurance Cell to ensure its significant contribution towards the institutionalizing the quality assurance strategies and processes;
• To ensure that the college reviews its teaching learning process, structures & methodologies of operations and learning outcomes at periodic intervals through IQAC;
• To ensure quality assurance initiatives through regular meetings of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), collecting and analysing feedbacks collected from the stakeholders, submission of AQAR, collaborative quality initiatives with other institution(s) and participation in NIRF
VIII INSTITUTIONAL VALUES AND BEST PRACTICES
• To ensure gender equity by sensitisation programmes;
• To make a suitable plan for installing solar panels to promote the use of the alternate sources of energy and conservation of energy;
• To ensure a more effective management of the degradable and non-degradable waste in the college;
• To ensure a green campus by restricting the entry of automobiles, pedestrian friendly pathways and ban on use of plastic within the campus;
• To ensure that the institutional environment and energy initiatives are confirmed through the conduct of Green audit, Energy audit, Environment audit and by beyond the campus environmental promotional activities;
• The college’s Divyangjan-friendly measures are to be enhanced by ensuring a barrier free environment with more ramps/lifts for easy access to classrooms, building more Divyangjan-friendly washrooms , constructing signage including tactile path, lights, display boards and signposts ;
• To provide assistive technology and facilities for persons with Divyangjan accessible website, screen-reading software, mechanized equipment
• To provide for human assistance, reader, scribe for the Divyangjan students;
• To foster harmony towards cultural, regional and linguistic diversities, the college celebrates / organizes national and international commemorative days, events and festivals
Perspective Plan for the college 2017-2020
Recognising the importance of having a structured, long term perspective plan, the IQAC of the college, which has representatives from all stake holders, has mapped out a plan after extensive deliberations. This has been approved by the Governing Body.
The details are provided below:
Teaching & Learning:
Optimising the use of virtual classrooms incrementally, by familiarising teachers with the scope and method of its deployment. Strengthening these practice of unitisation of the syllabus, by making it more detailed, to systematise curriculum delivery.
Developing stated programme outcomes, Course Outcomes and Course Specific Outcomes, and communicating them to the students.
Enriching the learning experience of the students through special lectures, seminars, workshops in related areas as well as syllabus- specific topics.
Encouraging students towards higher education, and competitive examinations such as UPSC, WBCS, NET, CA, CS, etc., through constant academic mentoring.
Encouraging soft skills development in students to equip them for the future.
Research and Development and Publication:
The Research and Publication cell of the college is to approve proposals from faculty members for research projects after due approval by a panel of experts.
The college will fund such projects as are selected on the basis of properly formulated norms and recommendations by expert panels.
College publications are to be encouraged.
More ISBNs are to be applied for.
Industry collaboration for projects should be encouraged.
Teachers receiving awards for paper presentations in other educational institutions, or, authoring or editing books based on original research will be recognised.
The college will acquire real estate adjoining its boundaries and will move towards extension of its campus to accommodate its growing needs.
Existing laboratories will be expanded.
Library space for stacking will be increased.
More library reading space to be created.
Library should be fully RFID equipped, covering issue-return and shelf location.
The college recognises its responsibility towards society in spreading awareness regarding various social issues. The NSS, as well as the different collectives and committees will be tasked with engaging students and teachers in organising social work. NGOs may be approached to collaborate.
The college will enter into linkages with other educational institutions in collaborative academic enrichment through joint seminars/workshops and teacher exchange programmes.
It is hereby notified that as per the resolution adopted in the Governing Body Meeting of 12th August, 2022, The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the college has been reconstituted with effect from the date of notification till further notice. It includes the following members:
Chairperson – Dr. Subhabrata Gangopadhyay (ex-officio)
|Name of the Members||Designation|
|Dr. Anupa Ghosh||Co-ordinator|
|Mr. Tathagata Sen||Joint Co-ordinator|
|1. Dr. Suparna Basak
2. Dr. Joyeeta Bhadury
3. Mr. Sanjib Halder
4. Dr. Sampa Sinha Basu
5. Mr. Sayan Roy
6. Dr. Saugata Konar
7. Mr. Sugata Adhya
8. Mr. Vivek Patwari
|Mr. Miraj Shah / Dr. Sandip Dan||Management Representative|
|1. Dr. Samir Kanti Datta
2. Mr. Dilip Shah
3. Ms. Debjani Ganguly
4. Dr. Tridib Sengupta
5. Ms. Ananyya Banerjee
6. Ms. Minakshi Chaturvedi
7. Mr. Saspo Chakraborty 8. Ms. Paramita Chakravarty
9. Dr. Pinki Shah Sardar
10. Mr. Ashish Maitra
11. Mr. Prasanta Chowdhury
12. Mr. Minesh Maniar 13. Mr. Rupesh Gandhi
14. Mr. Anirban Sarkar
|Senior Administrative Officers|
|Mr. Rohit Shukla||Representative of Local Society|
|Nehal Mehta (0704200011)||Student Member|
|Mr. Indraneel Bhattacharya||Alumni Member|
|Mr. Dinesh Thakker||Industrialist|
|Mr. Jayshanker Gopalan||Employer|
|Mr. Dilip Kumar Mandal||Parents Representative|
This Committee will be valid upto 10-09-2024